Fantasy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement

2 posters

Go down

Replacement Empty Replacement

Post  The Hatter Fri May 21, 2010 8:20 am

Callie Reynolds was on vacation when she learned she would be the new forensic biologist for the NCIS crimelab in Washington, D.C. Today was her first day. She was terrified, seeing as she had been looking for an opportunity like this for ages. She would have to gain the present biologist's approval with a first impression. Her blonde hair was tied into a french braid, her green eyes focused on the lab table. She had already passed the approval, and Abby had passed it on. Callie took a deep breath, lacing her fingers together. Now, she had to please the second in command. From what she understood, he and the previous labtech were very close.

She wore a white labcoat which was over a pair of bluejeans and a black teeshirt. Her eyes rested on the entry to the lab. She was waiting on.. Shit. She forgot his name. What was it? Leroy.. Jethro.. Uh.. Gibbs. Gibbs. He preferred to be called Gibbs. That's right. She wrinkled her nose a little. The smell of formaldehyde was overwhelming, but it wasn't something she wasn't used to. No, that couldn't be further from the truth. Taking a deep breath she leaned forward against the table, tilting her head to crack her neck. She was waiting, patiently, for him. Of course, she knew he had to be busy-- he was second in command.

The Hatter
Admin

https://sweetestfantasies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Replacement Empty Re: Replacement

Post  Madison Sat May 22, 2010 11:26 am

The man walked in, a certain brisk pace in his step as he entered the lab. The smell of formaldehyde did not seem to bother the man. His features were strong and an NCIS cap covered his graying hair. His blue eyes peered over his coffee lid, taking a swig of it before maneuvering over to Callie's side. "So, Callie Reynolds is it?" he questioned, making sure he got the name right, "nice to meet you, Callie." He took another sip of his coffee before extending his hand out to the new associate.
Madison
Madison

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hatter Sat May 22, 2010 2:50 pm

Gibbs. This was Gibbs? She gulped and bit at her lowerlip with her teeth, taking his hand and shaking it before letting her hand fall back to her side. She was almost awestruck. But, that was beside the point. "Ah.. uh.. Sir. .no, Gibbs. Y-you prefer to be called Gibbs, right?" She was a nervous wreck. Today was going as planned, so far, until now. She coughed a bit. "Sorry, Gibbs. It's a pleasure to meet you. . Abby showed me around her lab before she left, so I know where everything is. All I need is evidence to analyze. Are there any cases, or am I supposed to ask that?" She asked, she was rambling. That was something she didn't realize until after, that it would annoy him. "You can call me Cal." She laughed nervously.

[I like green. XD]

The Hatter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Madison Sat May 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Leroy narrowed his eyes, examining the girl and her frantic communication. "No, I like to be called Sir Prissypants," the man scoffed in his usual sarcastic manner. He sat down on a stool beside Callie, sipping from his coffee again. "Abby was a good girl. I hope you can live up to her reputation," the man murmured. Callie was certainly a change from Abby, just in appearance alone. It made him rather melancholy to realize she really was gone from the station. "If I have anything for you, Cal," he emphasized her name to make sure she was paying attention, "you'll be the first to know."

((Please tell me if I'm failing miserably at his character. I'm going on character bios which obviously can't state EVERYTHING about him. T-T ))
Madison
Madison

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hatter Sat May 22, 2010 7:39 pm

[Not too bad. IF you want to get more information on him, the show is on every day i think, on CBS, and on tuesday there is a new episode. But a lot of the episodes are on Youtube. (:]

Callie cleared her throat and she nodded. "Sorry, Gibbs." She replied, quickly. A lot of her mannerisms matched those of Abby. "O-Oh. Alright." She looked down at the chrome of the lab table nervously. She hoped she would be able to live up to Abby's reputation. She was scared to dress like Abby did, at least in the workplace. She usually would have, but she was new to the station, and she was unsure of the complications which would arise. She cleared her throat again, her nervous tic, watching Gibbs.

The Hatter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Madison Sat May 22, 2010 8:11 pm

(( Ugh. But but. T_T; That's so much effort. I dunno... ;_; I'm sorry if I'm a bit off.... I really am.)

Gibbs nodded, "It's alright." Gibbs smirked softly. "Sorry if I scared you, I don't have enough caffeine in my system yet," he chuckled, taking another sip of his coffee. Callie seemed nice enough, rather pretty, too. "Is there anything you'd like to know about the job, or anything I can assist with?" He didn't exactly want to help her out, mostly for the fact he would not know what to do in the forensic lab, but, the sooner Cal felt better about her position in NCIS could she work to her full potential.
Madison
Madison

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hatter Mon May 24, 2010 7:42 am

[Haha. It's fine. You'll learn. (:]

The woman looked over at Gibbs, her head tilting and a few wisps of her hair fell in front of her eyes, to her dismay. She ran her hand over her hair, brushing her the loose wisps back. "Ah, no.. no. You're not scaring me at all. I'm really just a nervous wreck right now." Her green eyes met his, briefly before darting back to the chrome of the table. She cleared her throat again. Her hands folded together as her fingers laced and she squeezed each other. "Sorry. I tend to become really quiet. Are there any cases I could possibly busy myself with to take my mind off of my nerves?" She asked, a small laugh escaping her lips. Of all the times she had to be a nervous wreck, it had to be on her first day at a new job.

She stood, pushing herself away from the chrome of the table and she went to the full-length mirror that had become a new addition to the lab. She brought her hands to her hair, pulling the braid out. She could never keep braids in for long. Swallowing, she looked over her shoulder to look at him. "I think I'm more comfortable now. Oh, I do have a question. What is protocol for attire?" She asked, turning now to face him.

The Hatter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Madison Mon May 24, 2010 8:47 am

"Now, don't you get any ideas from Abby," the man said with an air of teasing in his tone, "you will wear your labcoat, preferably your hair up so it's not hanging in anything where it shouldn't be," his face cringed a bit as he waved his hand for emphasis that no one wanted any hair ending up in or on any bodies, especially under investigation. "Comfortable and durable shoes, 'cause you may be on your feet for a while and nothing too skimpy or outrageous," Gibbs finished, trying to make sure he covered everything so there were no loopholes. He took another sip of his coffee and dropped a file onto her desk. "Take a look at that one for me," he said plainly.
Madison
Madison

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hatter Tue May 25, 2010 7:13 am

A scowl took over Callie's features. Taking a deep breath, she brought her hands to her hair, threading her fingers through it so she could tie it into a ponytail. She turned to face him. "Got it. I've pretty much got all of that covered." She picked up the case file and opened it, her eyes scanning the fonts. "This is a cold case. On my first day?" She asked, her nose wrinkling. She smiled after then shook her head. "It's fine." She cleared her throat and leaned back a little bit as she sat back down, looking at Gibbs. "I know this sounds really forward, but I can see you like coffee, and a lot. Maybe, if we get some downtime, we can go for coffee?" She laughed, but nervously, waiting for his response.

The Hatter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Madison Tue May 25, 2010 1:36 pm

"Perhaps," Gibbs considered, taking another sip of his coffee, which had already gotten a bit stale since the morning. But it was either he take in a large cup, or have to buy them throughout the day, "and you most likely will need my help for that case, as well," he finished with a bit of a smirk. The girl was a shaken mess and now was asking him to coffee, what a split personality. The man hoped she wasn't crazy beyond her different attitudes. "Now, do your best on figuring out that case. Who knows, maybe a pair of fresh eyes will do the trick."
Madison
Madison

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hatter Sun May 30, 2010 11:05 am

A small sigh escaped her lips. "We'll see, and hopefully a pair of fresh eyes do." Now, she was focused on the case, "If Abby couldn't get this, I can't. The case was so botched when it was done.." She brought her hand to her face, running her hands over her face. She sighed and shook her head looking up at Gibbs. "I think I might need your help."

The Hatter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Madison Sun May 30, 2010 11:09 am

Gibbs cocked a smile at Callie, "well, I hadn't shown this one to Abby. I was saving it for a rainy day." The man watched her exasperation, frowning when he realized how nervous she was over this. Hopefully this was just because it was her first day, and this was not going to be her normal mood. "Of course you need my help," he gave a laugh, "and you'll get it. So don't worry." He needed Callie feeling confident at the job, not a wreck.
Madison
Madison

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum